WEEK 10 (3/30-4/05):
- 3/30/10 CLASS LECTURE: YOU CAN’T MISS WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW: Discussion of the importance of images in environmental reporting and the ways in which still and moving images inform our understanding of the natural world. Screening of documentary Asparagus! A Stalkumentary and virtual Q&A with director Anne de Mare.
- Complete these readings/viewings before Week 11 class on 4/06
Food, Faith and Ethics
1) “Photographer Peter Menzel and writer Faith D’Aluisio discuss the challenges a Sudanese mother confronts in feeding her family in a refugee camp in Chad.” (Look for this under “More from the interview” section) (audio)
2) “JWW Solar Cooker Project Mini Doc: The Women of Iridimi” (video)
3) “The Ethics of Eating,” Barbara Kingsolver (audio). Overview of podcast.
4) Review Taqwa Eco Food Web site
5) “A Beef with the Rabbis,” David Levine
6) “What Makes Food Sacred? A Study in Eight Dimensions,” Rabbi Arthur Wascow
- Write a post for the blog by 5 p.m. on Friday 4/02/10. Post under “Week 10” and the appropriate category.
- Respond to a colleague’s post and a comment to your post. Responses and comments due by Sunday 4/04/10 at 5 p.m.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment