WEEK 12 (4/13-4/19/10):
- 4/13/10 CLASS LECTURE: ENVIRONMENTAL RIGHTS ARE CIVIL RIGHTS: Overview of communicating environmental messaging in other kinds of media. Reflections on engaging people who are not part of the current discourse.
- Submit your Interim Report on your final project electronically by 5 p.m. on Monday 4/12 by e-mailing the word document as an attachment to Simran Sethi, cc’d to Lauren Keith. The format should be as follows: Abbreviated document title-First nameLast Initial (ex: IR-SimranS.doc). If you do not follow this format, you will be asked to resubmit your document and will be marked down at my discretion.
- Complete these readings/viewings before Week 13 class on 4/20
Hunger and Poverty
1) “The True Causes of World Hunger,” Anuradha Mittal
2) “Wasted Food,” Leonard Lopate Show (audio segment – PLEASE NOTE there is audio drop-out)
3) Review Freegan Web site
4) “Season of Hunger: A Crisis of Food Inflation and Shrinking Safety Nets in the U.S.,” Sophie Young
5) Review Gleaners Web site
6) Review Healthy Schools Product Navigator.
7) “Why McDonald’s Fries Taste So Good,” Eric Schlosser
8 ) “What’s Eating Our Kids? Fears About ‘Bad Foods,’” Abby Ellin:
- Write a post for the blog by 5 p.m. on Friday 4/16. Post under “Week 12” and the appropriate category.
- Blog post responses and comments are due by Sunday 4/18/10 at 5 p.m.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment