WEEK 4 (2/09-2/15/10):
- 2/09/10 CLASS CANCELLED
- Complete these readings/viewings before Week 5 class on 2/16
1) “What is Sustainable Food?” Jennifer Litz
2) “Defining ‘Sustainable Agriculture,’” Jared Flesher
3) “Why Food Matters,” Emma Gilchrist
4) “Harvard and Sustainable Food,” Robert Paarlberg
5) “Thinking About Food Miles and Carbon Footprints with Common Sense,” Carla Wise
6) “Table for Six Billion, Please,” David Kupfer
7) Review Monsanto Corporate Responsibility subsite
8 ) Inquiries into the Nature of Slow Money: Investing as if Food, Farms, and Fertility Mattered, Woody Tasch, pp. 42-119.
- Write a post for the blog by 5 p.m. on Friday 2/12/10. You may use this optional blog prompt (or write about whatever’s relevant): Sustainability is often defined as the balance between people, planet and profits. Is this definition sufficient? How do YOU define sustainability? Can food companies be sustainable and affordable? Please put your name at the end of your posts and comments. Post under “Week 4” and the appropriate category. Contact Lauren Keith if you have any problems.
- Respond to a colleague’s post and a comment to your post. Blog post responses and comments due by 2/14/10 at 5 p.m.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment