WEEK 13 (4/20-4/26/10):
- 4/20/10 CLASS LECTURE: TOO MUCH AND TOO LITTLE: Overview of public health epidemics of food insecurity and obesity. TBD review of public health campaigns to alleviate obesity with guest lecturer John Wilson, the Alliance for a Healthier Generation.
- Complete these readings/viewings before Week 14 class on 4/27
Dirty Food, Dirty Water
1) “Is Our Food Any Safer Since the Last E. Coli Outbreak?” Alternet
2) “The Sound is Flavored by Our Holidays,” Robert McClure
3) “Sh*t Happens,” Simran Sethi and Sarah Smarsh
4) “Yellow is the New Green,” Rose George
5) “The Whizzers of Oz,” Joe Miller
6) SB 204 — The Dirty Water Bill
7) “Toxic Waters: Coal in the Water,” Zach Wise (video)
- Write your blog post by 5 p.m. on Friday 4/23. Post under “Week 13” and the appropriate category.
- Blog post responses and comments due by Sunday 4/25 at 5 p.m.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment